comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
A* Episode 8 

Always happy to give my 2 cents..so here are my 2 faves:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Hm! Interesting. :D Thanks for the feedback!

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:24 am

Added 2 new A* pages:
Hm, that second one came out all right, maybe I'll put a full (double) size version in the gallery on Monday.

Some time in the not-so-wee hours last night I realized my iconography was only halfway done--still had to update outdated representations of A* and my other comics on my various mirror sites, which tend to have their own custom icon sizes. So here's another slew:

Image Image Image Image

Image Image
Image Image Image

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:44 am

Added 3 new A* pages:
I threw this thingy together today; it might end up as a sort of filler page on another webcomic:

~~~~~~~

On Friday I was thinking that I might put a large version of daily 16 up in the A* "gallery" viewer, but you know, with the new larger A* strip size, I don't know how much point there would be in putting up double-sized versions that probably wouldn't fit on most peoples' screens anyway. So I settled for posting the comic on deviantART, and while I was doing that, I found that deviantART's artist comment field didn't like the ampersand in my comic URLs. Silly deviantART! So I made a little script that will take a short version of an A* comic URL and redirect to the full address, like so; the long number at the end is just the number of the chapter (0008) and the number of the strip (0016). How exciting!

~~~~~~~

Ed Harrington was kind enough to add a Princess and the Giant link to the links page of his fine Nothing Happened Today comic, which you should check out, particularly if you enjoy reading meticulously drawn humorous non-adventures of semi-cerebral drunkards--and who doesn't, really?

Speaking of the Princess, here's a clickable link/bookmark/ad thingy that leads to her latest strip:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am

Added 3 new A* pages:
Playing with more types of static. The page 20 stuff is actually artifacts created by "lossy" GIF compression settings in a GIF animation program of mine; does a reasonable job of looking like some kind of interference pattern. Funny that a GIF would actually come out smaller with all that junk scattered around it, huh?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:38 am

Added 4 new A* pages:
Phew, I need some wakey wakey too! Gotta stop pulling those Princess and the Giant weekend all-nighters. ;)

Didja notice the scene transition there with the big halftone effect? Did that work? I'm used to relying on animation for fadeouts, not sure how to do this static stuff. I was thinking I'd have to do one of those "Later..." caption-type thingies you see in comics a lot, but then this static fade out/in effect seemed less intrusive.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:47 am

Added 2 new A* pages:
Kind of slow going, probably too many FX. Oh well. Magnets!

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 am

Added 2 new A* pages:
Spent way too long doing random cool space "research" on Wikipedia today but hey, that's where I get my inspiration for most of this A* stuff. And anyway I wrote up little summaries of the neat parts with nice pictures in forum articles in case you want to see neat stuff. SUCH AS:

- The doomed moon that's going to crash into Mars in 11 million years!
- The probe that's going to reach never-before-well-seen large bodies in the asteroid belt next year and maybe help determine if one of them is a "dwarf planet"!
- Smashing a comet and going back to check the big crater made on its surface!

Kaboom! Oh the space excitement, people!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 am

Stealth edit! Wait I'm outing it so it isn't stealth... Well it kind of is since I'm not going to show you the old version. :P Anyway I redid the face on #26

http://smbhax.com/cgi-bin/d.pl?e=0008&d=0026

because before it looked like he was some sort of awful giant dying fish. ;P

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Bah and I'd done the font for 29 and 30 in Sketchy's font size (18) rather than the A* size (20). Man I was out of it this past week! :P

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next