comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
A* Episode 18 

Nope, but I'm glad it struck you as odd! : D Almost brings to mind another gun that didn't fire at the end of some other episode, hm when was that, I guess that hasn't been explained yet either. Man! Huh and I guess this will all start looking really suspicious at the end of the next episode... Oh well that's a ways off yet, everyone will probably forget by then. :)

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:12 am

Ok. So I guess the real question is ...when is Selenis going to realize that "Mother" is NOT operating in her best interests and only using her to pursue 'it's'... or maybe Perrinman's directives?

Selenis does not strike me as a woman who likes being played with... or played. "Mother's" manipulations and subtle memory and personality profile editing of Selenis' subsequent clones AND Mother's direct intervention in events even her direct betrayals {which I'm sure there have been a lot more than Selenis remembers even IF she remembers any of them} can only go on so long before... I'm sure Selenis will figure out.. something's not co-sure! Selenis is very cunning and smart... perhaps smarter than 'Mother' realizes?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Let's hope so, anyway!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Always end every episode with an explosion, mother used to say. Well okay she didn't, but it seems like a good rule of thumb somehow. Oh there's still one final page for this episode, but we're close.

Some sketches I did today:

Those were with a Rotring Tikky Graphic 0.3 (the skinnier lines) and a Faber-Castell "big brush" artist pen (the thick fill around the asteroid), which I guess have ended up being my two favorites among all the pens I bought back in my pen phase. >_> They also happen to be the two wettest--probably no coincidence there!

I had an interesting talk with the plumber (the senior plumber--the junior was actually down behind the sink drilling out the clog) today about selling artwork on eBay, which I think I mentioned a while back that I want to get to doing at some point--larger compositions not necessarily having anything to do with A*, just cool pictures. And I mentioned last week or two about getting some smaller ink drawings worked up for selling on Etsy, and that seems like a good starting point, well maybe. Anyway if I get a handle on this time management thing--trying to go pretty much cold turkey on the wasting-time-on-the-internet thing this week, although I did waste some posting a photo of a rat sleeping on a box of Rice Krispie Treats on Tumblr that has already proceeded to become the third most popular thing I've ever posted there (it was reference for the little rat who crept into my old Princess and the Giant comic; pretty sure I just got it from a Google image search years ago)--then I think pretty soon I'll be able to get cranking on the smaller sorts of pictures.

This plumber guy had a profitable system of taking football player photos off the internet, using the Posterize filter in eh whatsit Art Studio Pro no that isn't it...well whatever...then sketching the resulting simplified image out large using the classical grid mural-making method, and filling it in on a big canvas in bright acrylics. Also he helped me determine that the best painting to do for eBay would be a cat in a sailboat in front of some mountains; apparently the interior designers who scour the auctions for cheap art to fill in rooms like that sort of thing.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 pm

WoW! The second one... the exploding asteroid is REALLY good! you have an AMAZING talent! :)

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Yes, this uncommunicative page is the end of episode 18! Which means that tomorrow is...the start of episode 19! I'm not even sure what the first page will be yet! We'll all find out tomorrow! Er hm and I'll get the episode 18 e-book wrapped up eh probably over the weekend.

~~~~~~

Here's an interesting article about NASA's largest rocket ever, the Boeing-built (well, the engine core, anyway), unfortunately named "Space Launch System" ("SLS") designed for flights beyond low Earth orbit, ie maybe to launch ships for a trip to Mars or something, and how it's on track for its 2017 test flight, although they're still in the design phase. At a planned 384 feet high it's...that many feet taller than the 363 feet Saturn V rockets that launched Moon ships in the Apollo era. The article talks about how they're using hardware based on tried and tested models, like solid rocket boosters similar to those that launched the Space Shuttle.

~~~~~~~

Pencils for today's A* page--you know they say ink adds 10 years...

This was one of those funny ones where the head was the first thing I drew (or rather, kept), and it was nice so then I went on and drew a body beneath it, then that was all right except something was a bit off with the face, and I picked and picked at it until the face was gone, and I had to draw a completely new one back on top of the body, and was cursing myself for wasting a perfectly good head and leaving myself in a position where I now had to put a head on a body that was already in place, which isn't the usual order of things and is thus a bit tricky for me. All for the best though, this one has a lot more feeling to it.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 pm

sunphoenix wrote:
WoW! The second one... the exploding asteroid is REALLY good! you have an AMAZING talent! :)

Aw shucks! :) Well I did do a pencil sketch under it before the pen work, that helped. The thick and thin pen combo is fun...trying to resist going through another pen phase on A* pages though. ;)

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Well.. at least now.. Selenis won't want for a ship.. she has a fully armed undamaged battlecruiser of Coresec! She gets ALL the cool toys...

I guess Mother felt.. the 'Major' knew too much to let him live or risk letting Selenis let him live and took things into her own hands to make sure he was eliminated. Poor guy.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 pm

You're the second person today to be happy about the ship. So, eh...just remember I've had the plot beginning of the next episode sketched out for months. >_>

You may be on to something with the Mother thing there! But probably not in the way you're thinking. :D

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18