comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
A* Episode 29 

Added 1 new A* page:
Another day with the barest whiff of a blog! What a sham! May not have any at all tomorrow (Friday I mean), but if not then I'll put something together on Saturday.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:58 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
This comic would almost certainly not still be coming your way each day if it wasn't for the 49 great folks supporting it through my Patreon campaign. Even just a buck or two a month from a reader makes a *huge* difference to me! So a big thanks to all 49 of those folks! Here's a sketch I got to send to one of them for their support:

Thank you very much! ^_^

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:48 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
I got a page done! And A* original page art boxed up and shipped off to people who won my eBay auctions! And that's about it, good night! :D

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:56 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Rosetta mission ends in comet collision (BBC) describes the pre-planned end of the ESA's Rosetta probe last week, after it had spent over two years orbiting and studying Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, despite the early loss of its Philae robot lander in a dark ditch on the comet's rough surface. Rosetta sent back close-up photos of the comiet during its slow final dive, and you can see those in the article.

Although the space mission has ended, scientists will be unpacking and studying the vast amount of data returned by Rosetta during its highly successful mission for years to come, seeking to puzzle apart the comet's composition and inner workings; understanding 67P's structure could tell us not only how these solar voyagers form--Rosetta found, for instance, that large parts of 67P were formed of piles of oblong ice balls several meters across, dubbed "dinosaur eggs"--but, furthermore, how our solar system as a whole formed: as an example, Rosetta discovered large amounts of molecular oxygen gas (O2) around the comet, which would seem to contradict "current solar system models" that "suggest the molecular oxygen should have disappeared by the time 67P was created, about 4.6 billion years ago in a violent and hot process that would have caused the oxygen to react with hydrogen and form water."

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
If you're interested in helping me make this comic, check out my Patreon campaign! Here's a sketch I got to send to a reader for their support through Patreon:

Thank you very much! : D

~~~~~~~

Bonus! Maybe it's because the weather has turned colder, but my scanner was back to needing a warm-up scan today--because here's the creaky first scan it made:

: ooo

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
I found Sagittarius! (This being relevant since this webcomic is named after Sagittarius A*, the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, situated in the direction of the constellation Sagittarius as seen from Earth : p.) Or at least, a reference to the astrological sign, on a large sundial here in Seattle's Gas Works Park:

It's a really elaborate and artsy concrete and metal sundial embedded in the ground on top of the observation hill in the park, which also has a great view of Lake Union and downtown Seattle. You find the current day's marking on a sort of oval metal track running around the middle of the sundial, then you stand there, make some adjustments noted with the numbers on the track (you can see them there for December in the photo), adjust for Daylight Savings Time, then see where your shadow points to on a ring running around the outside of the sundial, with the hours marked on it, and that's the current time of day! Neat. There's lots more about this sundial (and better photos) on Frans Mae's Sundial site.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's a sketch I got to send to a reader for supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign (support the comic! get cool rewards! : D):

Thank you very much! : )

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
And that's the end of episode 29! I may not be blogging a whole lot for the next few days here as I work away at the boring stuff I do in wrapping up an episode--getting it out as an e-book and archiving the artwork, mostly--but the comic will continue right along with episode 30, starting tomorrow! Say goodbye to robo-fantasy land...

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:06 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15