comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
A* Episode 30 

Added 1 new A* page:
Well we finally had an actual bit of a snowstorm here in Seattle, starting right after the end of the Super Bowl. And my car's ignition froze or something. : o Hopefully this will magically fix itself once we defrost a bit!

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:42 am

Added 1 new A* page:
If you enjoy A* and want to give me a hand making it, you can do that easily and automatically through my Patreon campaign--and even get yourself cool A* rewards in the process. Fer instance, here's a sketch I sent to a reader for their support:

Thank you very much! : D Your support means a lot to this lil' ol' webcomic. ^_^

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:38 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
I have another piece of watercolor art from the archives to put on sale this week, and it's the last one from episode 29 that I think I'll be doing for a while, so get it while the getting is good if you're interested! This week's sale piece is the 16" x 6.75" painting behind A* episode 29, page 34, in which our heroine, cloak billowing dramatically, enters a high, icy mountain pass; the painting is now up for auction at a nice low starting price right here, and looks something like this:

We'll be delving to different depths--which is to say, episodes--in my stacks of A* art for upcoming auctions, starting next week!

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:31 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
I spent too long on this page so that's all the blogging we get today! ; )

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:23 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Thanks to everyone helping me keep A* going by supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign! It makes a huge difference! : D Here's a sketch I sent to a reader for their support through Patreon:

Thank you very much for all your help! : ]]

Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:34 pm

I think if the Boss is expecting to 'celebrate' the evening's successes with Selenis... in bed... he's in for a great deal of dissapointment... if not injury. Though... before travian (sp?)... I would have said though Selenis is drop-dead beautiful... she doesn't use her body to get what she wants out of men, not so sure now... she IS a very proud woman and VERY private ~ admittedly for good reason. Not sure if she prefers to kill her sexual partners or what, she's had so few in the context of the comic, though CLEARLY, she does use her feminine beauty to manipulate menfolk... all the time. We still do not know if her beech 'boy-toy' is still alive?

I do wonder if she regrets killing travian (sp?), he was probably the kindest most decent man she's had any moderately long interaction with.

Question- Are we EVER going to learn what happened to Vero... in relation to Selenis' story? Or have you already addressed that and I have simply missed it?

Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:15 am

Nothing about Vero has come up in the comic. People have *asked* me about it a bunch of times and I've said (maybe in the blog?, or on the forum? can't remember) I don't have particular plans to address it in the comic.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:31 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Well it's a Monday and here we are with a brand-new scene! In this one we'll meet the final major player in this episode's little drama.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's an ink sketch I sent to a reader for supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign : ) :

Thanks for your support, it makes a huge difference! : D

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:26 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
For this week's special archive art sale, we go digging through the original watercolor paintings from an episode *other* than episode 29, the subject of all the previous weekly sales, and we arrive upon the distant shores of...the current episode, episode 30! : D Because I really think page 20 was one of the most successful paintings I've managed, and you should buy it! : D As I was painting it I grew dissatisfied with how the face was coming along, started blotting watercolor facial features out with white ink, repainting the features over the ink, blotting that back out, repainting over the ink/paint/ink, etc... In the end I pretty much repainted every part of the face at least once except I think maybe part of the side of the face on our left, so things like the mouth and nose were repainted from scratch with no preliminary drawing, and the remaining eye ended up with layers of various mixes of watercolor and ink and became the most limpid eye I've ever somehow made. Well before I rattle on more, the week-long auction starting at a special sale price is open for bids on eBay right now. : )

As part of the blotting and repainting I was smooshing white ink out across the right side of the background, which ended up making this sorta funky glow effect over there; and the whole side of the head on our right got so inky it stared developing this funky ridged texture that then held paint brushed over it in weird ways, which I kind of liked, so I went with that and let it get a little crazy over in the shadows on that side of the head. Also, painting the semi-abstract background behind all this was pretty fun, lots of watercolor layering to get down to shades of dark purple.

Well that's it, hopefully you will like it, but if you don't, you could always check out the *other* paintings I have for sale, all accessible through my eBay profile. Thanks for looking! : )

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next