comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
A* Episode 31 

Hmmm.. is Selenis looking for a suitable 'body-double' corpse to make her slipping out of the counsel's notice anymore? I'm wondering with all the implants in her body how she could think some other woman's body might be mistaken for hers?

Or... is she really interested in 'something else'.

I also find myself wondering does Selenis ever get 'lonely' being immortal and never really having or being allowed to have any close human enduring relationships?

...just thinking in print.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:02 am

Dark thought! : o

A bit of loneliness might help explain her occasional toleration of Thierry. ; )

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Maybe it was subconscious or something, but it turns out that the ink wash page I picked for this week's special sale of original art from the A* archives, like today's new watercolor page, features two women in a corridor. In the case of the ink wash page--episode 16, page 21, it is, with the art measuring 17" x 7.5", slightly bigger (I left more off in the margins when scanning) than our modern watercolor pages--it was Selenis shadowing the ebullient proprietor of Stella's Starships as she proceeded into the back of her shop. This was from the very brief period in which I was using art pens to add sharp ink lines to the artwork, and I still like how they brought out the shadowy form of Selenis, looming there in her dark ink wash. I've kept thinking I'll do another figure that way some time but it hasn't really happened. But we still have this page, at least until the special sale price auction for it ends next week; you can find that auction right here.

The auction listing has high-res images; here are some low-res previews:

Thanks for checking out the auction! : D (You'll also find similarly sale-priced auctions of the last week of new A* watercolor pages among my listings there on eBay.) We've got what umm I guess 15 or so ink pieces I've set aside for these weekly(-ish) sales left to go!

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
My activity this evening shall be catching up on some emails. Yes!

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Sketch for a reader supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign:

Thank you very much! : D

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Short version: No new A* page today because I'm a goofball. Back at it tomorrow!

Overly long, excuse-laden version: Tossing and turning most of the night following questionable dining decisions yesterday evening, coupled with a plumber's visit to my studio apartment today, has left my confidence in my ability to make a decent A* page at a low enough ebb that I'm *not* going to try to work on a new page today, and will instead catch up or work ahead on things I can still do reasonably well while somewhat brain-dead, like sleep, backing up my A* files, applying for a local art show, mailing sketches to Patreon supporters, and scanning the ink piece for the next weekly A* art sale on Wednesday. Should be back to my usual bouncy, A* page-producing, functional bathroom-having self tomorrow!

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Readers are helping keep A* going, even with just a dollar or two a month, through my Patreon campaign! It's a huge help and I really appreciate everyone who's contributing. : D Here's a sketch I got to send to one reader for their support:

Thank you very, very much! : )

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:03 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
This week's special original art sale of a piece from the A* archives is a rocket ship blasting into space! It's the 17" x 7.5" ink wash illustration I made for A* episode 17, page 67, and for the next week is up for auction, starting at a special low price, right here.

Loads of spattered-on white ink stars in this one. : ) The above-linked auction listing has the high-res pics, but here are tiny teaser ones:

Thanks for checking it out! You can track that and all my other A* original art sales through my eBay profile. : )

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Aaaaand scene! We're about to see a little bit of space, even! : o Hope I remember how that goes.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Thanks to everyone who's helping me out by supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign! : D Those supporting at the $10 or higher level get a fresh piece of art snail-mailed straight from me to them each and every month. : ) Here's a sketch I got to send to a reader recently for their support:

Thank you very much! ^_^

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:51 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next