comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
A* Episode 31 

Added 1 new A* page:
I made it back, huzzah! And we're almost at the end of this little chase. : )

Mon May 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's a sketch I got to send to a reader for supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign : ) :

The support I get from readers through Patreon is a huge factor in making it possible for me to keep A* going! A supermassive thanks to everyone who's helping me out there. : D

Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Wednesday A* art sale! This week's auction, starting at a special sale price right here on eBay, is for the original 16" x 6.75" ink illustration made for A* page 18:44, the dramatic panel showing Selenis and the Major's ship arriving in the seething cauldron of charged particles known as "The Voort Cloud":

I made the textured outlines of the cloud "bubbles" with a dried sea sponge dipped in ink. Thanks for checking it out (there are higher-res images in the auction listing)! You can see all my other A* original art auctions through my eBay profile. For instance, the art for each new A* page is on sale there for a week, starting just before the comic page itself appears on this site. : )

Wed May 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Mini space news round-up! A couple recent articles of interest from the BBC:

New Zealand space launch is first from a private site - Commercial space venture Rocket Lab is launching 17m (56ft)-long rockets from a private launch facility in New Zealand; unlike other companies such as SpaceX and its big 70m, $62 million Falcon cargo rockets, Rocket Lab is focusing on small, relatively inexpensive ($5 million) rockets that can get tiny new "cubesat" and things into orbit for a fraction of the price ($77,000 for a cubesat ride). Today's test flight of their "Electron" rocket reached space, but didn't quite achieve orbit as was intended, for a reason yet to be determined.

image by NASA/JPL-Caltech/SwRI/MSSS/Betsy Asher Hall/Gervasio Robles (source)

Juno peers below Jupiter's clouds - A stunning, "enhanced color" image of sea-blue whorls of hurricanes at Jupiter's south pole (enlarged version from NASA above^) leads off this article about what NASA's Juno probe has been up to since it reached the giant planet on July 4th of last year. One team member describes the atmospheric phenomena at the pole thusly: "Think of a bunch of hurricanes, every one the size of the Earth, all packed so close together that each hurricane touches the other."

Thu May 25, 2017 8:38 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Lots of readers are making this comic possible by supporting it for as little as $1 a month through my Patreon campaign, and it makes a huge difference! Here's a sketch I got to send to a reader for their support:

Thank you all very much! : D A* wouldn't be happening without you!

~~~~~~~

I'm off for Memorial Day on Monday. Back with a new page on Tuesday! : )

Sat May 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Over the long weekend I made myself a generic eBay link button, finally filling in the vacant 12th spot in my little arrangement of link buttons on the about page. I hadn't done an eBay one before because they're unusually fussy about any unauthorized use of their logo--so I finally figured, well then, I just won't use their logo, and they'll have to deal with an ugly, generic thing being used to represent them! : P Anyway here it is; clicking it will take you straight to my eBay profile, from whence you can see all the cool A* original artwork I have for sale there! : D

One such thing is an auction ending tomorrow for this cool ink illustration made for A* page 18:44--it's Selenis and the Major arriving in the Voort Cloud:

And of course the latest week's worth of new watercolor pages are for sale there too! Go generic eBay button!

Tue May 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Wednesday art sale! Today's piece from the archives is the original ink wash illustration made for episode 17, page 94, where, in video footage, a knife-wielding Selenis is seen charging at two astronauts in an airlock--this was the first strike in her infiltration of Earth's Revival's secret moon base! It is also one of the very last ink wash pages I ever did! The 17" x 7.5" illustration is up for auction for the next week on eBay, starting at a special low price, right here.

The auction listing has hi-res images, but here's a preview with tiny ones:

Thanks for checking it out! You can find all my A* art auction sales listed in my eBay profile.

Wed May 31, 2017 8:44 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's a sketch I sent to a reader for supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign!

Thank you very much! : D Your support helps me keep this comic going!

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's an ink sketch I got to send to a reader who's helping me make this comic by supporting my Patreon campaign : ) :

Thank you very much! :^D

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
The art wanted to get done a little differently today : o

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next