comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
A* Episode 31 

sunphoenix wrote:
I'm not sure I understood what was going on in this chapter. I "think" it was a successful escape/evade of an organization that knew FAR TOO much about Selenis.. allowing her to drop off the grid again ~ but I'm not certain I got all the intricacies correct.

Yeah it was this process of her figuring out that she was being watched by the Council, that they were manipulating things around her activities throughout her mission down there, working out who the spy reporting her movements to them was, and then finding a way to get off the planet without the Council knowing about it and probably trying to stop her. When she caught him, I was originally gonna have a long explanatory panel or two of her explaining how she figured out Val was the spy, but that felt kind of boring and I wanted to get on with things; also I realized it wouldn't totally make sense for her to explain it all to the rebels--not to mention to Val--since she was really a double or triple agent anyway. :"P So I skipped it, knowing this meant I was really leaving this long process of not entirely straightforward logic to my hard-working readers to try to make sense of, hoping as I did so that maybe some people would sort of enjoy having to do that. = o

I'll be happy to explain it all if you want : D; without spoiling things too much, for now I'll just say that she learns one or two things about the Council's machinations from the behavior of others each scene--or in their absense--and if you re-read it in that light, you'll probably start to pick up on them. The only one I let her explain later was the first one, in what she says on page 85.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:46 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11