comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
A* Episode 32 

Added 1 new A* page:
A page is done! It's done! The page, it is done! : P

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:22 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Okay it's Thursday not Wednesday, but better late than never, let's actually do a Wednesday(-ish) A* original art archive auction this week! This is where I pick an A* page that I think turned out particularly nifty, and put the original art behind it up for sale in a special featured auction. This week's page, then, is the 16" x 6.75" watercolor illustration I painted for episode 32, page 41, in which Selenis floats calmly at the apex of her ejection and escape from a big explosion way down in the Falquarium parking lot far below; we also see a close-up of part of the Falquarium's big 3D marquee. This page originally went on sale, when it first came out, for $18.99, but prices have gone down to a more popular level now, and so we see it here in this featured weekly auction starting out at just $16.99. : ) The auction will run for 1 week, through next Thursday, and you can get in on it--and check out high-res images of the artwork--right here on eBay.

Here are some low-res previews to get you started:

I thought the way the multiple thin-ish layers of watercolor settled in Selenis' costume worked out particularly well here, where I went for a very subtle gradient from blue to more purple toward the toes. In fact the way I somehow painted her whole face and figure just all kinda worked out better than I generally manage--maybe that sort of Zen moment in the midst of ultraviolence sort of inspired me. I was also rather pleased at how my more or less first attempt at large 3D sign lettering in dramatic perspective--and in a cursive font, at that!--came out, where you see a section of the giant rooftop "Falquarium" sign on the left.

Explosion! Jet thrust! Vast parking lot! Aquatically themed nightclub facade! Selenis contemplating existence! It's an A* original art archive sale! Thanks for checking it out. : )

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Merry Christmas! I'll be holiday through this coming Wednesday, so new A* pages will resume on Thursday, December 28th. Have a groovy holiday season! I'll leave you with this sketch I mailed to a reader who's supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign:

Thank you very much! ^_^ See you after this little Xmas break. : )

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Let's do an A* archive art sale! This week it's the 16" x 6.75" watercolor illustration I made for episode 31, page 94, where Selenis is strapped in to a cargo module, waiting for the launch that will finally let her escape the nacreous clutches of The Pearl! For the next week, this original art piece is on sale, starting at just $16.99, over on eBay--where you can also see high-res images of it.

I had been planning, like last week, to put a page from earlier in episode 32 up for this week's sale, but I happened to be rearranging my A* artwork (had to make room for more : o) this evening and this one just caught my eye. Sort of a different look for Selenis than I've ever drawn, I think.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
I'm taking Monday off for New Year's Day, so I'll just jump the gun now and say Happy New Year! : D And to kick the celebrations off, here's Selenis uh doing an angry boogaloo:

That's a sketch I got to send to a reader for supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign. : ) Thanks to all of you for a full 2017 of A*, here's to more in 2018! : ))

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:34 pm

You know the more this guy runs, the more difficult and tedious he makes this chase... the more severe and brutal the beating he is gonna get from her WHEN she catches him... doesn't he realize that? He's starting to annoy her and not in a fun 'chase the mouse' way... he's starting to piss her off.

I know an angry Selenis is deadly sexy.... but it's very hard to appreciate that when your choking on your own blood! Maybe he's secretly a masochist, cause if she decides to leave him alive to suffer... he's gonna be in traction therapy for months if not YEARS after she lays a smack down on him to HER satisfaction!

When Selenis catches this fool... she's either going to Fuck him or Break him... maybe both at the same time!

And the moral of this story is...? "If you own money to the immortal sexy assassin, mercenary femme fatal ~ Selenis... pay up or dig a grave... climb in and have it filled with lava... it will save time and be far less painful!"

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:54 am

But people always want to try to save dat money! = o

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Not sure how much longer it will last, but at the moment there's still a DC Holiday Superhero Sale on digital versions of DC collected comics editions on Comixology. I mention this in case any of you are like me, who didn't catch a whole lot of DC comics back in the olden days--I was a Marvel kid : P--and would kind of like to get up to speed on them; most of the collected editions in the sale--pretty much all are discounted to $4.99 each, from as much as $34.99, and run from 200 to 400+ pages--are stuff from this century, but I managed to dig up the following list of old ('30s to '80s) stuff I was interested in:

Challengers of the Unknown by Jack Kirby
The Demon by Jack Kirby
Mister Miracle by Jack Kirby
Justice League of America: The Silver Age Vol. 1
Justice League of America: The Silver Age Vol. 2
Justice League of America: The Silver Age Vol. 3
Crisis on Multiple Earths Vols. 1 - 6
Batman: Illustrated by Neal Adams Vol. 1
Batman: Illustrated by Neal Adams Vol. 2
Batman: Illustrated by Neal Adams Vol. 3
Legends of the Dark Knight: Alan Davis
Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 1
Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2
Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 3
Legends of the Dark Knight: Marshall Rodgers
Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert
Tales of the Batman: Archie Goodwin
Tales of the Batman: Carmine Infantino
Tales of the Batman: Don Newton
Tales of the Batman: Gene Colan Vol. 1
Tales of the Batman: Gerry Conway
Tales of the Batman: Len Wein
Batman: The Golden Age Vol. 1
Batman: The Golden Age Vol. 2
Batman: The Golden Age Vol. 3
Batman & Superman in World's Finest: The Silver Age Vol. 1
Superman: The Golden Age Vol. 1
Superman: The Golden Age Vol. 2
Superman: The Golden Age Vol. 3
Supergirl: The Silver Age Vol. 1
The Daring New Adventures of Supergirl (1982-1984) Vol. 1
The Daring New Adventures of Supergirl (1982-1984) Vol. 2
Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Vol. 1
Wonder Woman by John Byrne Vol. 1

There's some overlap there, and I sure wish they had more "Silver Age" (1960s) Batman and Superman stuff, but eh I think I've made a decent start at things--although this would all be easier if DC just had their own subscription service where you could read old comics to your heart's content, like Marvel does with Marvel Unlimited. But anyway I now have hm I guess 10,000+ pages of old DC stuff to read; at my comic or two a day rate, that will keep me busy for...years (and will make a nice switch-off with my Marvel Unlimited chronological read-through--I'm up to 1966 : D)!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:51 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Big framed A* art prints for sale are coating the main wall in Spin's Barbershop just off N. 45th Street in Seattle's Wallingford district (map)! The show will run for three months--through the end of March--so you've got plenty of time to let your hair grow out a bit first, if you like to do that sort of thing, like I do. Thanks to mom and dad for, well, doing most of the work in getting the show together, and thanks to Spin for having us back for a third time! : )

Here's a shot of just a fraction of the 18 framed A* pieces there--plus two little birdie extras : ) :

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 pm

That John Byrne Wonder Woman must be fun... love the way he draws her! "SMOKIN HOT!"

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next