comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
A* Episode 32 

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's an ink sketch I got to send to a reader for supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign : ) :

Thanks to everyone who's helping me out through Patreon! You are making A* possible! : D

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:32 pm

...today's page ~ 'Lucky Guy!'

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:21 am

sunphoenix wrote:

What a way to go! : o

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
I've noticed that sometimes if I draw and erase and draw and erase over and over until my brain goes numb, my blobby, rounded, cartoony drawing instincts get worn away and out comes this sleek, spare, angular, more realistic style. (Last time before this was page 41.) I wish I could do that all the time! It sure takes a while to get to. : P

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Let's go back to those 1950s comic stories where guys were always inventing time machines in their basement out of sawdust and old wires. ^_^

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:17 pm

BC wrote:
sunphoenix wrote:

Well ~ CLEARLY... {from her expression from today's page} Selenis, at least, is enjoying herself!

I wonder is it the thrill of the chase, or maybe getting away with 'Putting it to the "Man"...', that makes her take such risks?

Maybe she just likes kicking ass and getting away with it...? I guess everyone needs a 'Hobby'... but it still seems kinda lonely. What's the point of getting away with well, 'murder', if you don't get to gloat or share that triumph with someone... she is perpetually a 'non-person'... she does not really have a place in society... she's not part of it, she does not allow herself to be part of it.

I don't get the feeling she likes the hurting people just for itself... she doesn't 'seem' sadistic.

But what's the point of what she is doing? Is it all about money? Is it SOOOO important that she make sure NO One else has the Perriman{sp?} technology for Serial Clone Immortality like her? Why does she even care? She seems to have all the resources she ever needs to live free an unhindered as much as she wants.

Just WHAT is she trying to accomplish, and why is that important to her?

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:38 am

sunphoenix wrote:
BC wrote:
sunphoenix wrote:

Well ~ CLEARLY... {from her expression from today's page} Selenis, at least, is enjoying herself!

I wonder is it the thrill of the chase, or maybe getting away with 'Putting it to the "Man"...', that makes her take such risks?

Maybe she just likes kicking ass and getting away with it...? I guess everyone needs a 'Hobby'... but it still seems kinda lonely. What's the point of getting away with well, 'murder', if you don't get to gloat or share that triumph with someone... she is perpetually a 'non-person'... she does not really have a place in society... she's not part of it, she does not allow herself to be part of it.

I don't get the feeling she likes the hurting people just for itself... she doesn't 'seem' sadistic.

But what's the point of what she is doing? Is it all about money? Is it SOOOO important that she make sure NO One else has the Perriman{sp?} technology for Serial Clone Immortality like her? Why does she even care? She seems to have all the resources she ever needs to live free an unhindered as much as she wants.

Just WHAT is she trying to accomplish, and why is that important to her?

Interesting thoughts! ^_^

(By the way I think I've fixed the thingy that was requiring your posts to be approved by a moderator before they'd appear. That's only supposed to be for new members. : o)

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Wednesday special A* original art archive auction! : ) This is where I pick one of my remaining pieces of A* original art that I think is particularly nifty and run it in a week-long auction at a special low starting price. This week it's the turn of the 16" x 6.75" original watercolor illustration I made for A* episode 31, page 71, where Selenis and her adopted band of rebels are discussing their next move in the office of a captured base. The rendering of Selenis' face, and the watery shading and atmosphere I managed in this one, were rather exceptional by my standards. :") For the next week the painting is on sale, starting at well below its regular $50 price, right here on eBay.

High resolution images of the artwork are available there in the auction listing, but here are tiny ones to give you a peek:

Thanks for checking out my artwork! ^_^ (The original watercolor paintings behind the latest week's worth of new A* pages are also on sale--you'll find it all listed under my eBay profile.)

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
So if say you're looking for some pose references and you search for "sliding in socks" on YouTube, you end up with Tom Cruise dancing in his underpants.

It was useful.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's a sketch I got to send to a reader for supporting the comic through the A* Patreon campaign : ) :

You can help me keep A* going with as little as a $1 a month automatically through Patreon! Thanks to everyone who's helping me out, it means a lot!

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:24 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next