comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
A* Episode 33 

Added 1 new A* page:
I've been drawing a little differently since I got back from my apartment-scouting trip a couple weeks ago! When I sat down to draw the first new page upon returning from that little break--page 17, it was--I realized that holding the page up on my 45-degree-slope drawing table made my shoulder hurt. Funny how a few extra days off of a routine will make you notice something that was going on all along! So now I fasten the page to the drawing table with a couple loops of masking tape on its back side, and the mysterious soreness I've had in that shoulder for uh I guess years now is magically going away. ^_^

And having the page holding itself there I guess somehow allows me to sort of sit back a little more and let the pencil move around with a lighter touch--rather than bearing down on it more and more as I had been doing before. It's had its ups and downs so far, but it does allow a little more flexibility and uh sort of sensitivity or subtlety or something in the lines I'm drawing. That's what it feels like, anyway! So hopefully that will start to pay off--in better drawings!--as I get the hang of it.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:05 pm

oh kaaaay. The intro of the little girl brings to question just what kind of genetic research {ahem: Experimentation} they are involved in here... cause I'm betting she IS part of it.. and THAT is sooo wrong and likely VERY DAMNED Illegal..hence "Evil Secret Genetics Research Base" stamped all over this place thus far!

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:53 am

sunphoenix wrote:
oh kaaaay. The intro of the little girl brings to question just what kind of genetic research {ahem: Experimentation} they are involved in here... cause I'm betting she IS part of it.. and THAT is sooo wrong and likely VERY DAMNED Illegal..hence "Evil Secret Genetics Research Base" stamped all over this place thus far!

= ooo

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Okay it's time for our Wednesday-ish A* original art archive sale! : ) It's where I pick a piece of A* art I particularly like, and put it up for sale at a special low price. This is the last one of these sales I'll be running before my little summer break--which will go from early May to early July--to move across the state!

Aaaand so this last piece is the 16" x 6.75" watercolor illustration I painted for A* episode 32, page 103, introducing that notorious night club, the Burne Unit! I guess getting to draw a huge, wrap-around mechanical billboard inspired me or something, because I mustered up an unusual amount of my particular type of pseudo precision for this page: that building and sign have a straight solidity I don't usually achieve--heck even the cursive lettering came out rather cleanly : o--the unusual angles of Selenis' head have a more-than-usual crispness, the ripple of highlights across her shoulders somehow hit in the right places, and I was really happy with how the projecting "smoking" hand of the sign achieved something of the 3D effect the advertisement needed to impress the average street-goer, and with a thick-and-thin line quality hopefully slightly reminiscent of an illustrated style from back in the golden age of ad illustration--as close as I can come to suggesting one, I mean. : D

So this piece is on sale for the next week, starting at just $16.99, right here on eBay. The auction listing has hi-res images, but here are some lo-res ones to get you started:

That pretty much exhausts my stock of super favorite remaining pages to hock to you--that aren't too recent, I mean! ^_^--so conveniently we'll wrap these occasional special weekly-ish sales for now, possibly to recommence some time later this summer. Thanks for checking it out! : D And if you do want other A* art to buy at a similarly steep discount, do take a look at the last week's worth of brand new A* page paintings, fresh off my drawing table, which you can always find (hm well okay not during most of that early summer break I'm taking : P) listed on my eBay profile page.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's a sketch I got to send to a reader for supporting the comic through the A* Patreon campaign : ) :

Thanks to everyone who's helping me keep A* going! Even just $1 a month makes a big difference! :]

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Took me forever to work out the layout for the page today! : P Maybe I had too much fun over the weekend or something. ^)^

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:23 am

Added 1 new A* page:
I got this page done ^_^

Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:31 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
A BBC article today about a dozen black holes found at the galactic center was pertinent to my interests! Scientists have interpreted a dozen persistent X-ray signals from within three light years of Sagittarius A*--the X-ray source designation of the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy--as emitting from black hole binary systems (which would usually be a stellar mass black hole and a star orbiting each other). And, more interestingly, they extrapolated from those dozen black hole binaries to estimate that "there may be 300-500 low-mass binaries and 10,000 isolated low-mass black holes surrounding Sgr A*."

Loads of black holes! ^_^

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Sorted through one of my decades-old stockpiles of loose change today. Not really any quarters in it, though--I had uses for those. But heck if I know why I was still using cash for purchases back then. It seems silly now!

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
I got to send an ink (plus some ink wash!~) sketch to a reader for their support of the comic through my Patreon campaign! Ink sketch rewards come at one of the higher monthly support levels, but even $1 a month is a big help to me! So thanks everyone who's able to do that = D and oh yeah here's the sketch!:

Thank you!!

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:00 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next