comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
A* Episode 5 

Added 3 new A* comics:
Had to stealth edit Dailies 91 and 98 because I keep forgetting to draw Selenis' forearm thruster thingy. :P But despite my foolishness we still managed to hit the century mark in daily comics for episode 5 today, woo-hoo!

In Daily 98, Selenis is shooting at the bright light thingy, and you can't tell in the Daily, but she'll actually hit a couple of the lights, and in the animation the light will dim. Here's a rough preview; I'll have to tweak her motion for the final version as the recoil from the gunshots pushes her backwards (if these things don't animate for you, click on 'em):

And here's the animation with the other half of "Vero Was a Lever Drivin' Man":

And I stuck a high-res souped-up version of that in the episode 5 art gallery--just click this little preview to get to it:

In other news, the MMO I worked on before I started doing comics, The Matrix Online, shut down for the final time at midnight. Feel free to join the weeping, therapy, and related shenanigans on the forum.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:28 am

One daily done today... I'll try to have a second late tonight, showing the end of this particular shot, but that'll probably be all I'll manage today due to silly things I have to go do. :P

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Added 2 new A* comics:
Another day, another swing! Once Selenis revolves out of this hole in the rock she got into, we should get a better look at what she's dealing with.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:00 am

Added 1 new A* comic:
Phew well finishing yesterday's swing-out sequence, and starting now on a swing-up sequence; swinging sure is drawing-intensive! Selenis is going to pull a fancy maneuver soon, not sure if it'll come across well in the non-animated daily comics, but I guess we'll find out!

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:44 pm

BC wrote:
Added 1 new A* comic:
Phew well finishing yesterday's swing-out sequence, and starting now on a swing-up sequence; swinging sure is drawing-intensive!

You can get around this like they did for the Japanese version of Spider-Man: less swinging, more robots!

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 am

Of course! It was so obvious!

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:35 pm

The rope trick begins. Watch the hands, watch the hands...

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Added 7 new A* comics:
Finally figured out what may be a good way to get a sort of smooth gradient bubble shine effect thing on Selenis' helmet, as seen in this latest close-up. Whatcha think?

This last daily is the beginning of a panning shot where--once she's got her grapple retracted--she's going to flip backwards 90 degrees as the background scrolls behind her; I know that sounds weird, but hopefully it'll make sense when animated.

She's in space, retractin' her grapple!

Here's the whole background, three screens high so I can scroll it; not sure if I'll scroll all the way to the planet at the bottom:

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 am

Added 3 new A* comics:
So here goes the spin and pan and shoot. I hope I managed to make that followable without animation!

Used part of it to make a slightly wacky new addition to the episode 5 gallery:

"Upsy Daisy"

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Added 3 new A* comics:
Got a hi-res version of that last one in the ep. 5 art gallery (click this tiny version):

I'm probably going overboard on the shading now! Ohh well what can ya do; as long as they don't completely kill the B&W contrast, I <3 my 256 shades of gray (and fear how large the cinematic version may end up being!).

Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:19 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next