comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Confusion about downloading comics and passwords 

1) It's not clear to me how I can change my password for the discussion group. I've forgotten it and want to change if from the gobbledy-gook random one assigned.

2) Is there a separate site (and password) for subscription issues? I made a payment for the package of older episodes but haven't seen a link for me to download the purchased episodes. Some at-sixth-grade-level instructions, posted on the comic page, would be helpful - especially for use by idiots with advanced degrees, like me!

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:46 am

1) If you mean your password for this message board, there are a couple ways:
a) If you're able to log in to this forum, which I guess you are :), then you can do it in your User Control Panel, here (that's a shortcut for clicking the "User Control Panel" in the dark link strip at the top of the forum, then clicking Options>Profile, then Options>Edit Account Settings, which *is* sort of hard to figure out!)
b) If you can't log to this forum, then you'd use the leave the login fields blank, click the "Login" button, then click the "I forgot my password" link on the following page--although that might just reset you to another random password, I forget. :P

If you mean your password for the "subscribers!" page:
a) If you're able to log in to the "subscribers!" page, the "Change your password" feature is just a little way down the page.
b) If you're unable to log in to the "subscribers!" page, you can use the "Forgot password?" link below the "log in" button.

2) Since you also emailed me about the download link, I'll reply to you in more detail by email on this one. :) But in general, if you paid with a PayPal account, it *should* have taken you to the download page automatically immediately after payment--and if you paid by credit card, there should have been a link to click on PayPal's site after payment that would take you to the download page; I have bold text at the top of the "episodes" page about that, and I've added a bit more now.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Since it isn't that hard to miss the download link in the browser, people buying e-books will now also get an email containing the download link.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 am