comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Preserving aspect ratio in WMM 

oooow...ooooooow, this topic hurt my brains.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:50 am

Yeah man, video codecs are mind-numbing. ;P That's why my native output for A* is in nice sharp Flash that doesn't get all icky with compression, and plays at exactly the size I want. Buuuut YouTube has its uses, so I guess I'll just have to endure that side of things, even though it feels positively medieval in some ways!

Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:01 pm

On a related note, I'm not bothering with the gif files anymore. Now that Ben's retiming dialogue bits and whatnot, its much simpler to just use the final product as a basis for any custom versions.

First, download the .mp4 from the Youtube version. There's a few ways to do this... I'm fond of keepvid.com

Next, convert it to something your editor of choice can work with. Again, there's plenty of options. I use VLC's wizard to convert them to WMVs.

Load it in to your video editor of choice, and you're good to go - no resizing or retiming required.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:56 am

Yer hackin' mah videohz! Pretty slick! ;D

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:39 pm

BC wrote:

Oh! Team Fortress 2 reference? If so, that reminds me...

Back in your MXO days, did you happen to chance upon the name of Cryptos's voice actor? I can't find it anywhere, but I'm almost positive he voiced The Spy in TF2.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:31 pm

starschwar wrote:
BC wrote:

Oh! Team Fortress 2 reference? If so, that reminds me...

Back in your MXO days, did you happen to chance upon the name of Cryptos's voice actor? I can't find it anywhere, but I'm almost positive he voiced The Spy in TF2.

TF2, eh? Never actually played it, so I probably picked that phrase up from the MXO boards.

I'm sure they still have the name of the voice actor for Cryptos somewhere among the MXO voice acting stuff (generally confined to a single cardboard box that used to be under Walrus' desk--but what hasn't been? :P), but if I saw it, I don't remember what it was.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:40 am

Was it pretty much flash video too for when you made them cinematics back in MxO?

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:02 pm
Profile WWW

CableSelect wrote:
Was it pretty much flash video too for when you made them cinematics back in MxO?

Yeah, those played in Flash, made from giffed-up bitmaps like A*.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Looks like YouTube's new layout has a few kinks left; attempting to view any video in its own page (they work okay from embedded pages) results in a nifty error message like this:

EDIT: AAaaand they fixed it already. Good thing I preserved it for posterity. >_>

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next