comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

return of bride of pedantic quibbles 

Fins on space missiles! Aerodynamic fairings! Gah!

Also too, having six nukes in visible distance from each other wouldn't work. The first one to go off would inactivate the rest...though there would be minimal shockwave and you could easily put a warhead in a faraday cage...but drawing them about ten feet away from the protagonist makes the corner of my pedantic mouth twitch...though the best way to attack a ground target in a vacuum would be to burrow them like a bunker-buster so it is sort of feasible...anyway, the emotive content is spot-on. You can't always get what you want. Good job as always. The figure drawing in today's panel is especially nice.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:34 am

Good thinking! Yeah I got a little carried away with the number of missiles packed into the drawing, it was fun though. ;) And hey as an American I'm used to thinking of nuclear missiles in completely overkill quantities. Hm and I suppose if you're really paranoid, have warheads to spare, and want to make darn sure at least one of them hits the target and detonates correctly, it doesn't really hurt to fire a bunch of them. Redundant backups to wipe out the backup! But yeah probably more than needed. ;D

The fins are actually something I thought about! Well, for one thing they're fun to draw, but also I thought these missiles would be more flexible in their use if they had fins, because this way they could be used with potentially more precision if they had to be fired at Nena rather than just at Nena's moon. So really there's no significant reason *not* to have fins on them as far as I could figure!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Dude, it's the future.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:52 am

And the important thing about the future is that it looks cool. :D

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 pm