comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Episode 18 

While I appreciate love the style and poetic minimalism of smbh A*, I must admit episode 18 has been a little bit hard to follow to say the least :)

Why did she climb back to the surface? That big thing doesn't seem to be the most practical thing to move around in a small chamber.
What happens on page 93?
Why didn't the Major fire in time?
What happened to the cannon? Why didn't / couldn't it kill her and why did it explode / self-destruct?
Did she get what she was looking for after all?

:)

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 am

Hi Keli! I don't blame you for being confused, there were some parts that I drew confusedly, and other parts that I meant to be obscure.

I'm not sure what "big thing" you mean, but she came back to the surface because the lasers forced her back--that was what I didn't show very well on page 93, in fact, which is supposed to show her floating back up the entry hatchway, because the lasers have now filled up the rest of the interior.

The Major meant to fire in time, but he didn't count on the robot thing spotting him and firing so quickly--in other words, it was just a lot faster than him. And I think Selenis was somewhat skeptical that his gun would have much effect on it even if he *had* got a shot off.

As to why it proceeded to act funny after that, I'll just have to leave that to your imagination--or you can keep reading and see if future events offer any clues. : D

Selenis was there hunting for Perriman technology, and she saw an unexpected demonstration of it, but didn't manage to retrieve anything herself, so I'd have to say no, she didn't really get what she was after--again. : o

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 am

HI! Thanks for your replies :)

By the "big thing" I've meant the robot - thinking that staying inside until the Major could have done something abut the robot/gun would have been safer. The robot didn't look like something that would have fit inside that little space to hunt an intruder (although certainly would have had the "patience" to wait for anything emerging from there).

But then again staying put and waiting for someone else to do the job just isn't her style anyway :)

I've been following the comic for quite a while now so I'll certainly be around to see what develops in the future as well ;)

Keep up the good work

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:21 am

Ah, I should have guessed you meant the robot. Yeah, it probably couldn't have fit inside--so it had those little lasers inside to scare things out into its clutches : oo

Thanks for reading and posting : )

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 am