comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Sketchy 

I broke my drawing tablet midway through this one

(Fortunately the image was pretty much done, just had to add text.)

It looks like my new tablet won't arrive until tomorrow, so I'll have to do two Sketchy's tomorrow, since I can't draw one today. :|

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:42 am

Starting with page 345, I'm using GIMP's "auto-hinter" text option--it makes the lettering in the captions look a little tidier and easier to read, yay. :)

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Sketchy just hit 25 fans on Facebook, so his Facebook page can have a short URL now! It's http://www.facebook.com/sketchycomic (the ugly old address is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sketchy/228839578605 ).

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm pausing Sketchy for now to concentrate on my daily sci-fi comic A*--trying to get back to doing two pages of that one per day.

Thanks to the small but jewel-like number of you who've been following along with the strange Sketchy adventures! Sorry to leave the Mercenary & Mariachi story mid-stream like this, but...it's still got a good long way to go and I can't wait that long, because I'm insufferably impatient. >_>

I'd like to be able to get back to Sketchy some day, and maybe this two-a-day A* thing won't work out at all and I'll come right back, but who knows. If you'd like to get notified about any future resumption of Sketchy, you could follow Sketchy on Twitter or on Facebook, since I'll be sure to post any important announcements on them.

Sorry for the interruption, and thanks for reading!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:16 am

I don't see myself getting time back to work on Sketchy in the future, so I'm officially declaring Sketchy ended. My sincere thanks to everyone who followed these prematurely truncated adventures!

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:14 am