comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Other webcomics :o 

Oh man for a minute my brain crossed this thread with the Robocop conversation in the YouTube thread: Robocop, training dinosaurs, but they of course go evil and he has to stop them as they rampage through Detroit (and they are armed with guns and driving cop cars). Sweet.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:07 am

I just discovered that Nedroid is cool! Lots of people already knew this apparently!

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:51 am

Red Vs Blue's current season, Recreation, just finished.... with one heck of an ending. Not as amazing as Reconstruction's, but close.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Man I need to go start watching those...maybe on fast-forward or something there are so many eeee. 8o

EDIT: Hey these actually go by pretty fast. :D

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:19 am

Indeed - I find that the longer the episode is, the shorter it seems. Weird, huh?

Oh, here's the viewing order, in case their archives aren't clear:

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Out of Mind
Season 5
Recovery One
Reconstruction
Relocated
Recreation

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:31 am

I don't see "Out of Mind" or "Recovery One" in the list it shows me under "More Seasons" on their site--maybe those are subscriber-only?

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Out of Mind and Recovery One are at the bottom of the season 5 page. I suppose they lumped them together because they're very closely connected - moreso than to the season itself. Together, they can be considered a prelude to Reconstruction.

Edit: Actually, the more I think about it, Recovery One starts immediately after OOM, so it must happen paralell to season 5.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm excited! After years of trying to find more than a handful of webcomics I actually feel like coming back to on a regular basis, and after scouring who knows how many hundreds of mostly wretched webcomic sites while doing "research" for my own comic endeavors this year, I've actually come up with FOUR cool ones in just the past few weeks! Quite a breakthrough for me in webcomic reading, yes!

Updated my first post in this thread with the new ones (and got a cleaner link for the self-ad-infested Toothpaste for Dinner :d). In short, they are:

- Nedroid Picture Diary (main site)
- Orbit
- Dawn of Time
- Red vs. Blue

Thanks starschwar for the RvB link! :D

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:29 am

I'm glad I got you hooked.

Quote:
I really didn't expect to like RvB, but the episodic writing--at least where I am, in the early going, it seems like they're just coming up with whatever silly stuff they can on an episode-by-episode basis--is actually quite well done. Who would have thought two space dudes standing at their boring base talking about nothing would be so darn funny?

The story (and quality of voice acting) starts to get more substantial during season 3. By the time you get to Reconstruction, you'll find yourself trying to piece together the (surprsingly) elaborate puzzles they've created.

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:16 am

I'm sure this is early, but the version of episode 100 they have archived isn't the canon version. They originally uploaded three different endings (it was April 1st, after all)... let me see if I can find a link to the real one.

Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:48 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next