comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Other webcomics :o 

Various comics of interest:

Floating Henry Rollins Head Haiku
Oldie and no longer updated. Oddly compelling.

Gunmonkey
Updates sorta irregularly in episodic chunks, I think. Dark and so bizarre. Some of the non-sequitur verbal gymnastics--perhaps partly due to English being the author's third language--leave me in ecstasies. For instance:

"I wonder what would cost to rent an elephant?" (Came as a complete non-sequitur.)
"I knew that I reflected pure poetic power."
"Look mum, Kurt Cobain!" (As the titular hero lies despondent and drunk in an alley.)

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:42 pm

BC wrote:
Ooh they're getting artsy. :D

The series took a turn for the serious somewhere around Reconstruction. They still have their trademark humor - discussing the pronunciation of "EMP" during a crisis, etc - but the story is actually pretty good.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Yah I had that impression; man give people an updated graphics engine and they get all serious on you!

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:32 am

Last night's episode featured some surprisingly good CGI. They really have come a long way since those photoshop effects in season 2.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:31 am

Added:

Gunmonkey
Stark black and white, raggedly drawn webcomic periodically released in Flash slide show episodes, about a guy who's also...a monkey?--and on the run. But Gunmonkey takes no prisoners! (He also has a few semi-psychotic issues, maybe.) Written in slightly broken English, which makes for some truly wonderful lines, such as "I knew that I reflected pure poetic power." Yes, when he isn't immobilized by depression, pills, or some other regrettable condition, Gunmonkey is a bad-ass.

Wed May 19, 2010 4:03 am

This webcomic seemed to have stopped a year or so ago, but it looks like it's been receiving updates again of late, so I've added

Nine Planets Without Intelligent Life
Benevolent robotic efficiency has taken over the running of Earth, and colonized the solar system, but two robot workers, feeling they just don't fit in somehow, leave their jobs for a ramble of self-discovery across the known planets in a sharp and endearing parody of human foibles. Sports exquisite low-color art and a startlingly pleasant click-and-drag scrolling interface, but it does update fairly slowly.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 am

Added:

Mannie Marine
Stark black and white animated webcomic depicting a grim future of military domination and twisted human experiments via highly stylized artwork and haunting original soundtracks. Seems to skip around from episode to episode a bit, and doesn't give you a view of the big picture, but the presentation of the eerie individual scenes keeps me watching through the bite-sized episodes. I also find it interesting to observe how they make the most of getting the story across via limited animation, and speech bubbles rather than spoken dialogue.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:21 pm

Removed Achewood, which has gone on an indefinite hiatus.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Added:

Bad Machinery
Plucky British schoolgirls (well okay and some schoolboys too, I guess) solve mysteries, get into trouble, and say charming things like "cor," often while in the midst of fantastically whimsical comic misadventures. Elegantly kitschy artwork and witty, bizarre writing.

Thu May 19, 2011 2:24 am

My comic is at demontown.net. I think you might like it! In fact, if you (or any of your readers) ever want to participate, hit me up. elizabeth.g.ellis@gmail.com.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:26 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next