comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Curious old MxO screenshot 

Cool....

Here's one that Ive always wondered about: was there ever *any* talk of bringing Neo back in any form!?

Always was so much debate about whether he was alive, and held by the machines, or dead...

Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Not that I recall Paul ever mentioning, and why he had Morpheus go a little nuts over the question didn't make much sense to me, other than that it was a handy excuse to distance him from Zion Military and then inspire someone to kill him off, I guess (although the Merovingian's exact motivation for doing so is also somewhat unclear to me).

I think a lot of the stuff and rumors that came to players about Neo early on were cooked up independently by the Live Events Team; the event of gathering pieces of Neo's code or whatever wasn't part of Paul's story outline, for instance, although I think he probably was involved in the event planning with the LET to some degree, because he knew about the assembled Neo "hologram," and asked me to put it somewhere in the city permanently later on.

Tue May 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Veil would hands down have to be my favorite character on MxO. She was cunning, she was deceptive, and she was also a psycho. There was never a dull moment with her. Honestly I never really cared that much for Cryptos. I mean he had some nice ideas, but at the end of the day, he was just boring. He was the more calm, zen type character, but I was more about action and results like Veil was.

Honestly, I would've been happy if Cryptos had died back in MxO and Veil been given complete control over The Cypherites. :D

Tue May 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Yeah, although Veil might have been better in the secondary role, where she could indulge her rebellious streak. If she'd been the main leader she'd have had to have been, like, the responsible one and stuff.

Wed May 26, 2010 5:21 pm

BC wrote:
Yeah, although Veil might have been better in the secondary role, where she could indulge her rebellious streak. If she'd been the main leader she'd have had to have been, like, the responsible one and stuff.

Eh true. I still wonder how awesome the Cypherites would've been under Veil's leadership. I'd imagine it'd become more radical in their practices and become more of a terrorist organization. It also would've been interesting to see how the machines would've handled the situation.

So, what was the best moment in MxO for you Ben?

For me, there's two Live Events that has stuck out in my mind. The first one was the LE that we had on Recursion that night before Chapter 8.1. The one where a Zion Captain has actually been killed by a Machinist operative. Which was just pure awesomeness.

The second one was where a bluepill was actually killed by the machine org. in order to track the Zion computer network or something...I forgot why they did it. All I know is that it caused alot of outcry from the community.

It was events like this one that kept me hooked on MxO from the first time I jacked in till the servers closed back in August 1st. It was MxO, along with the movies that has made me a lifelong Matrix fan. :)

Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 am

Oh moment, boy that's a tough one. I already listed some of my favorite events over here, and they were usually the ones with character interaction that I thought came out really. But if we really mean a moment, then... Hm, I don't know. I don't know if my brain has indexed moments that well, I'll have to think about it. But it would probably be one of those rare golden times when something I did online made some players very happy, and we were all just there basking in glowing happiness for a few seconds before the rest of the world and all its tribulations came flooding back in. I suppose those tended to happen more at the just silly events. Hm... Well there was that one time for instance in I think it was One Zero after a big battle or something as Cypherites, and we were trooping back to the exit point, and everyone was mostly happy because we'd been in an unusual place and killed tons of NPCs with dandruff (I mean the NPCs had dandruff, not that the Cypherites had poisoned dandruff), maybe, and I think it was the liaison Tranta who decided to give Veil a little joking grief over something, and she said something back that I think was burrito-related, and I think pretty much everyone who was following the conversation got a good laugh out of it, probably even Tranta, and we were there surrounded by all that nice warm sand, and for that brief moment I think we were all pretty happy. So that was nice :), and that kind of thing happened every once in a while (and not always One Zero, Cypherite, or burrito-related).

(Bah I thought I had posted a screenshot of it in the DN1 event write-up, but now I can't even find the event thread. Maybe I have some of the details wrong.)

Thu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm