comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Curious old MxO screenshot 

So, I was going through some old screenshots, and found this one. I remember at the time trying to figure out if it was a live event character, or just a regular old subscriber. I did follow her and try to ask some questions, but if I remember, I didnt get any reply.

Any idea who it was?

Get to the larger image here:

http://www.hybrid-gamers.com/photoplog/index.php?n=15

Oh - Happy Easter!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:39 am

She was one of Argon's henchmen - she showed up in a Pandora's Box mission, and I think a few criticals. Odds are that was just an npc suffering from the "wander to coordinates 0,0,0" bug.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:04 am

Oh cool - Imagine I played all those years and never new!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 am

Yeah, I don't remember playing her in a live event, so I guess it would be an NPC. Did I? Hm... Eh don't remember!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Did you get to play *every* live event character at one time or the other? Did you have a favorite character to play?
Did you get to play an agent during the end of beta event?

good times....

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:18 am

Note the way the panel is layed out - that's NPC style. Players and live event characters had the background info at the bottom.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:44 pm

starschwar wrote:
Note the way the panel is layed out - that's NPC style. Players and live event characters had the background info at the bottom.

Ah, I had thought they were different but I couldn't really remember. >_<

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:52 pm

Sixxth wrote:
Did you get to play *every* live event character at one time or the other? Did you have a favorite character to play?
Did you get to play an agent during the end of beta event?

good times....

- It was pretty much just me doing all the live events for the last two years or whatever it was, so yeah I played all the usual LE characters.

- The Effectuator could be fun in a goofy way... Colt was an interesting experiment: more like a normal operative than the other org leaders, and must less burdened down with a sense of responsibility than the other Zion and EPN leaders, who were probably the least fun to play, all in all. Flood could do both serious and not serious, he was really fun. Morpheus (sim), the Architect and the Oracle were interesting but very challenging; Merv could be fun at parties but was also rather challenging. The bombshells--Persephone, (dark) Pace, Ookami--were each quite fun in their own way. Even Agent Gray, who on the face of things seems like the most boring character, was quite a bit of fun to play--how to keep that straight face all the time, and he was quite good at castigating operatives without it feeling like it was something personal.

But then there were nearly innumerable smaller characters who could be very fun to play: the girly teen Rose, for instance, with whom I took great delight in disgusting the OMG I AM SO DARK AND SERIOUS PLS B SRIUS wanna-be uber "role-players." The Russian mini-Oracle, Madame T, was a hoot, because her oracular ability was kind of a joke that she wouldn't admit. Nicky G, one of the few sexy female characters who could get away with freely dissing the Merovingian... Hm that Unlimit boss who was afraid of the Assassin....dah I am so bad with names and forgetting so many of them. Brenda Utley, who kind of had this strange she's-a-bluepill-but-seems-to-know-redpill-stuff-so-is-she thing going on, all behind a very professional business demeanor. Agent Griffin, the special cases Agent who was all subtext: a human Agent who cared deeply about human life, but mostly hid it beneath an even sterner-than-usual Agent attitude. And then I just know there were a lot of sort of one-off characters or small neighborhood contact characters I played that I had a lot of fun with and who could interact with players in unusual ways...ummm like say that Hel Club Guard outside the Hel Club that one time.

Oh! The Twins; the Twins were almost always fun, although playing both at once could be exhausting.

Beirn! How could I forget Beirn. Super-powerful, cool/tough guy attitude, could pal and joke around with operatives but also prone to brooding, with that fluctuating Persephone obsession of his.

So it would be hard to pick a favorite. I guess maybe if I had to spit out a name to get out of torture, it might be Persephone: I found her mix of ennui, disdain, and longing quite fascinating. She was a character where...you could just have her sitting there, for instance, not saying anything, and it still felt like she was saying something, and if she had said something earlier, it was still kind of hanging in the air; she was probably also the best at dramatic entrances, and all she had to do was walk into a room. It could also be very wearying to play her though, particularly if she was in one of her more depressed moods, and/or surrounded by operatives just looking to party or trade insults.

- I was one of the end-of-beta Agents, but I can never remember which number.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Quote:
Hm that Unlimit boss who was afraid of the Assassin....dah I am so bad with names and forgetting so many of them.

Seral. That one was really memorable.

Quote:
Agent Griffin, the special cases Agent who was all subtext: a human Agent who cared deeply about human life, but mostly hid it beneath an even sterner-than-usual Agent attitude.

By "human" you're not being literal, are you? If so, that went completely over my head. I did get the more humane aspect though - his reaction to our failure in the Sniper event stood out in particulare.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:55 pm

starschwar wrote:
By "human" you're not being literal, are you? If so, that went completely over my head. I did get the more humane aspect though - his reaction to our failure in the Sniper event stood out in particulare.

I am, and it was supposed to (although I'm really glad to hear the humane aspect came through--from player reactions he got during events it was obvious that many players just thought he was a real dick, hehe ;). His ponytail was sort of the most obvious tip-off, which isn't really obvious at all. The only time I had him involved in something that even came close to his personal status was in a Live Event with just one player--it's one of my favorites--

Ooh I see I already talked about some of this stuff over here. Ye cats, how did I forget about Veil?? She was fun to play; another character with hidden depths, even if hers were more obviously hidden (her name, conflicting stories of her past, her concealing costume) than the others. I found Cryptos interesting, too, when I was able to deal with his personal issues; on the other hand, I often didn't find him very suited to more action-oriented Live Events.

Hm and when I was listing side characters, I had meant to mention that Cypherite who went over to EPN, but developed that problem where he was sort of a ghost in the system (ooh speaking of which, that Bathary neighborhood contact was an interesting one to play). Ehh what was his name, drat, I liked the name I came up with for him, too... Something with a D? Ah yes, Dislodge.

Oh and that sassy Cypherite chica with the punked out green hair! Darn it. Ooh here it is: Satiate.

Anyway the Griffin event was this one, and specifically:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:20 pm