comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
A* Episode 5 

BC wrote:
>:{

It's been doing this to me quite a bit lately on a bunch of videos:

GARGH.

Have you updated your flash player lately? What browser are you using? Tried clearing your cache/cookies?

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:46 pm

starschwar wrote:
Have you updated your flash player lately? What browser are you using? Tried clearing your cache/cookies?

Yeah, I updated to the latest Flash pretty recently, actually, and it's still the latest. I get this in Firefox and IE 8; haven't tried messing with clearing stuff since it happens in both browsers, but I guess I can try that at some point just for the hell of it. Can't do it now though because it seems that YouTube doesn't even want to load its front page more than half way. Blargh.

So I take it you're not having problems with the site?

EDIT:

Well hey I can get back in now. And it seems it was something in the cache (of both browsers, or maybe just IE's, which sometimes has the magical power of screwing up Firefox too), 'cause after clears and restarts it works now. I hate the Internet sometimes! ;P But now it's fixed.

EDIT 2:

Bleh I was hoping this would fix the problems I was having loading other videos that have got that error for me lately, but no dice. So...hm.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Added 4 new A* comics:
The background for the last of today's dailies ended up nearly killing my computer; note to self: doing radial blurs and rotations on a 14000 x 14000 background is not very efficient! I had to go watch a movie while the blur finished. :P Buuut here's a rough idea of what it'll look like animated:

and here's a...well a weird thingy that sort of looks like galaxies colliding, was actually what appeared when I was lining up Vero's movement as he jerks the ship into a spin:

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 am

Heyyy today all the YouTube videos that weren't working for me before are working again. Sweet. All is well with the world.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Added 3 new A* comics:
Another overly complicated rotating effect shot today. Here's a very rough shot at the animated version (oh yeah, Facebook or other RSS readers, you can click these if they aren't animating for you):

May still have to play with the timing and transparency effects there, not sure it's coming out the way I'd vaguely imagined it. But the full-speed version looks even wrong-er

so maybe I'm on the right track, at least. If anyone has a brain-buster on it, let me know!

Ooh wait, maybe if I wait to apply the brakes until just as the thing is slipping from her fingers *hacks up previous gif* ...

Hm! That seems a little more like it. Anyway if you do have preferences or suggestions on this effect, lemme know.

It's sort of lost in all the whizzing and rotating, but in today and yesterday's animated roughs, I've been cheating by just drawing the beginning and end shading on the figure, and then fading from one to the other to give the illusion of the shadows moving across the figure as it rotates in the starlight. It actually seems to work pretty okay. Here's today's hand, not moving, so you can see the morphin' shadows clearly:

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:01 am

Quote:
I had to go watch a movie while the blur finished

Oooh, which one?!

Glad you got your Youtube problem fixed. Animation looks really slick to me.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:59 pm

starschwar wrote:
Quote:
I had to go watch a movie while the blur finished

Oooh, which one?!

viewtopic.php?p=1226#p1226

My first exposure to HP in any form!

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 am

Added 1 new A* comic:
A new threat hoves into view--and what about that blinky thingy Selenis dropped, anyway? These issues and more may be resolved...or well maybe nearly resolved next week, as I'm sort of almost nearing--well, in sight of--the end of these time-intensive outer-space trapeze scenes for episode 5. There's another scene after that for this episode, but it's an office convo, so that should be cake, relatively speaking!

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:12 am

Added 4 new A* comics:
Animated roughs of the sequences represented by today's dailies:

Blink, blink, blink...

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Added 3 new A* comics:
I was kind of happy with how that little explosion came out. The tricky part of that shot is still to come, though, because it'll have the shockwave pushing Selenis toward the camera as the ship flies by and the explosion dissipates...ooh. Right before that is a zippy camera pull-back blur effect thing, similar to what I used when pulling back to show Vero's meteoroid-scarred freighter in episode 3.

There's a hi-res version of the explosion in the episode 5 art gallery (click this tiny one to get there):

Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:07 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next