comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
A* Episode 17 

LOL! Take a rest fela! :)

For the record.. it IS Cheating to have serial 'cloned' immortality! :)

Really changes your perspective on death. I wonder ...just exactly how many times Selenis has died?

"And that was only one of the many occasions on which I met my death, an experience which I don't hesitate strongly to recommend."
- Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:32 am

She's definitely cheating! The question is, how long can she keep it up? As for how many times has she died, the clone number (seen at the start of each episode in which we have a new clone of her appearing--currently on 35) may give some idea--although that only includes clones that passed Mother's initial quality control screening.

I like the Munchausen quote. I haven't seen that movie since it first hit theaters--should probably catch it again!

~~~~

I slept in an extra hour today! :) Now I just have to make sure this doesn't make me stay up an hour later, which is what usually happens. >_>

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
NASA has created a video about the 1.4 mile-wide Linné Crater on the Moon; Linné is so remarkably young, for a lunar crater--just 10 million years old!--and untouched by other asteroid strikes that it is still in "pristine" condition, and thus perfect for studying a crater in its most basic form. One of the big surprises so far is that it isn't actually a bowl shape, but more of an inverted cone shape--implying that other craters we see get their bowl shapes due to erosion of the original cone shape.

~~~~~~~

This article talks about a new study that has presented the theory that an asteroid belt like the one we have in our solar system between Mars and Jupiter is necessary to the formation of life; not only may these icy and rocky asteroids, hitting a planet, provide that planet with the water and organic molecules necessary to create life, but major asteroid strikes, like the one on Earth 65 million years ago that wiped out the dinosaurs, allowing mammals to evolve and proliferate, may be essential to evolution (granted, we may have a bit of a bias in that particular case). And even more specifically, this theory says that the asteroid belt has to be at about the distance that the Mars-Jupiter belt is from its central star, which is beyond the "snow line" where it is cold enough for water and vital gases to condense and collect into ices; furthermore, you need a massive, Jupiter-sized planet out there to keep disrupting the belt with its gravity, preventing it from collapsing and forming into its own planet, and probably also shaking things loose to go sail toward the inner planets. This all further suggests that, with these conditions being relatively narrow, life as we know it may be less common throughout the galaxy than some earlier estimates (*cough* Sagan *cough*) had expected.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:56 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Hmph, still doing poorly with the time management thing this week. Just one more page left in episode 17 though! Who knows what a MIRV is? Well, those aren't in it--quite--although it took a bit of research and consideration to decide.

I should probably stop blasting Lana Del Rey's Born to Die on loop, the neighbors will start worrying.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 am

Added 1 new A* page:
That's the end of episode 17! If I manage to row my ducks over the weekend, episode 18 will be kicking off next week, complete with fedoras and stogies. :)

~~~~~

This page was one of those ones where I spend a lot of time drawing it one way and can't quite get it to work for some reason and finally have to give it up and start over. I think the problem was that I'd always been picturing it as this shot kind of from level and a bit behind and to the side, with a missile pointing right down at Selenis, but that's more of a vertical than a horizontal thing, and my pages are definitely horizontal.

Another thing I realized was that I shouldn't settle for just drawing someone in the old "here's the head-shaped piece, here's the upper-torso-shaped piece, here's the upper arm piece..." way, because that is just dull and not really how people in motion look anyway. Once I gave up on the painstakingly careful initial layout and had to come up with another one in much more limited time, I got looser and wilder and a much more interesting figure, drawn as a pretty weird and mostly cohesive shape, came out of that.

Here are the pencils for the layout I went with:

Then I was kind of frustrated with not having been able to get the first one to work, so I settled for doing a quick mockup of it in marker on a vertical-ish scrap of paper:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:15 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13