comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
A* Episode 30 

Added 1 new A* page:
The BBC has a new article about the Event Horizon Telescope--actually a coordinated array of radio telescopes across four continents--in which they say the team is planning to make its first observations hoping to spot Sagittarius A*, the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way, from April 5th to 14th. But due to the massive amount of data that will have to be correlated to generate any kind of cohesive image of just what is lurking 26,000 light years away, through huge clouds of galactic dust, even if they do spot something, it won't be until the end of the year, or early 2018, that they'll have something to show to us anxious Sgr A* fans. Still, considering that I've been talking about the EHT since 2012, that's pretty much just around the corner! If it works. : o

Check out the article for many more details, a simulated image of what the team predicts the black hole will look like, and a diagram showing the various radio telescopes around the world that are participating in the search for Sgr A*!

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:15 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's Selenis with an unusual hairdo in a sketch I got to send to a reader for supporting me through the A* Patreon campaign : D :

Thank you very much! : ) The support I get from readers through Patreon is a huge help to me in being able to make this comic! ^_^

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Gonna be setting up a new A* art show at a familiar location here in Seattle tomorrow afternoon. All the details in my next update. : )

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 am

Added 1 new A* page:
There's a new A* art show here in Seattle! It's at the 14 Carrot Cafe, 2305 Eastlake Ave E, Seattle (map), and will run through mid-May--I think. : ) Anyway here are a couple photos I took after we got it all nailed into the wall:

Pacific wrens taking over the cafe! : D So if you wanted to have some carrot cake or hearty oatmeal with all the fixin's or any other sort of homey breakfast or lunch option, under the watchful eye of a wall of glossy, framed A* art prints for sale, the 14 Carrot is your place to go. : )

Thanks to the Carrot for putting up with a whole lot of A* yet again, and to my mom and dad for putting together the show for me--I pretty much just had to show up and put nails in the wall. Didn't even hammer my thumb once! Good deal. : D

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:52 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Wednesday means A* art archive sale auction time! I went flipping back through all the physical pages I still have left unsold from the past two episodes, to see if any impressed me in person as being ones you guys might particularly like--before we go delving back further into the remote depths of A*'s artwork past--and I came up with just three remaining candidates! Two are from this episode, but we just did one from this episode (page 20), so let's jump back to the fantasy theme of episode 29 for this week--page 72 of that episode, to be specific--for this watercolor painting of robo-dragon battle action, now up for auction on eBay at a special low price! This is the moment where the giant robo-dragon really seemed to seize the upper wing:

We've got a sweeping desert scene with towering cliffs! A roiling cloud of smoke, partially obscuring a distant mountain range! A dragon flexing its mighty wings, counterbalanced by its twisting tail! An electrically charged longsword tumbling through the air (above the tail)! And a cloak-enveloped adventurer (that would be Selenis : ) flying backwards through the air from the force of the powerful blow! Own the action! : D

(You can keep up with my little original art sales by keeping tabs on my ebay profile. : )

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:43 am

Added 1 new A* page:
I need to spend more time drawing and a lot less time painting, I think (although maybe the less time painting is a pipe dream ; ). I also wish I could bring myself to paint Selenis as loosely as I did Mr. Slate there, at least once in a while!

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:58 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Sketch for a reader who's supporting the comic through the A* Patreon campaign : ) :

Thank you very much! ^_^

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Two whole eyes! And for page 1QQ! : D Guhh I think my next comic is gonna be about cyclops people. : P

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:21 am

Added 1 new A* page:
A couple images I found when putting together Detective Slate's look: Bogart in The Big Sleep (top photo--just look at the curve on that hat brim!; The Big Sleep is an excellent movie, by the way--a bit late for the prohibition era theme of the area Selenis is in here, buuut who's counting), and this photo from 2/3rds of the way down this page, captioned "Two of the men who became widely known during prohibition days of the 1920s and early 1930s for their enforcement as members of the San Diego Police Vice Squad (sometimes called 'dry' squad) were detectives Mike Shea, left, with cleaver in hand, and Richard Chadwick. They pose here for a newspaper photograph in front of a truck loaded with confiscated 'alky' tins."

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Wednesday watercolor archive art sale! : D From episode 29, we jump to *page* 29 of this current episode, episode 30, with the watercolor painting for what is, I think, the definitive rendering of gang boss Vincent Fairway. This painting, "Knuckles," is currently up for auction on eBay right here for one week at a much lower price than it would otherwise have through my archive, and it captures Fairway and Selenis engaged in some characteristic gestures during their intense job negotiation. I think this was one of my most successful pages in terms of capturing faces and bold color!

Thanks for checking it out! You can always find my other current A* art sales through my eBay profile.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:55 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next