comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
A* Episode 30 

Added 1 new A* page:
Just as NASA's Cassini probe, in its final tour of the Saturnian system, last week returned some great up-close photos of the tiny moon Pan, now it has got some from about the same distance (25,000 km) of the larger moon Mimas:

image by NASA/JPL-Caltech/Space Science Institute (source)

If you crank up the brightness and contrast, you can even see the side of the moon that is dark in the above image, since it is actually very faintly illuminated by light reflected from Saturn itself:

NASA has a less grainy but also less seamless mosiac image doing that on the same NASA source page.

This is not the closest Cassini has come to Mimas; in 2010, it passed within 9,500 km in 2010, and got a clearer if less dramatically lit image of the Moon, including its large crater Herschel, which is about the right size to make Mimas look kind of like the Death Star from Star Wars (although in this case, it is a moon : p):

image by NASA/JPL-Caltech/Space Science Institute (source)

Mimas is about 400 km across, but if you look closely at those photos, it might start to look a little funny to you; you see, it isn't quite round! It's "about 10%" taller than it is wide--prolate--due to the tidal force Saturn exerts upon it, scrunching it up a bit.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:16 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's an ink sketch I sent to a reader for supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign :") :

It makes a huge difference--thank you very much! : D

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:05 pm

lol. Does it make me a bad person to find Selenis' pose in the latest cell {114}, particularly sexy? :)

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:12 am

sunphoenix wrote:
lol. Does it make me a bad person to find Selenis' pose in the latest cell {114}, particularly sexy? :)

I don't think so! You can still be bad for other reasons if you want : D

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
It's Monday and I got a page done!

Man, writing news is a snap. =P

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:51 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
I have an 11" x 17" A* ink illustration whose auction on eBay ends tomorrow; it's one I did back when was first moving to doing the comic traditionally, rather than digitally, and I was experimenting with things like white ink on sea sponges to make starry backgrounds. I've only got 6 or 7 pieces of original A* art left in this size--bigger than my current watercolor format, and all done in ink--and I'm going to be auctioning them off in the coming weeks. Once they're gone, they're gone, so keep an eye out if you're interested in such things. : )

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
No special archive art auction this week--I gotta get some sleep! : o

My brain got into working on episode outlines today, maybe because this current episode--30--ends on Friday! Two pages left!

So next week, episode 31 starts; we'll be leaving The Pearl after that episode, but first we'll be seeing what goes on in the lower levels of the planet, where the Council is not fully in control--or are they?

I even found plots of two more future episodes popping into my head this morning. Although the murder mystery on a remote planetoid one probably still needs work; the initial outline I came up with ended up being way too Risk movie / Diagnosis: Murder episode / Harlan Ellison "Daredevil" comic / uh some other comic or movie plot--oh! Maybe one bit of the She-Hulk graphic novel. : P So I would probably have to scrap that all the way back to the opening line, because how can you go wrong with the old "By the time you receive this message, I will already be dead" bit? Eh. Hrm... Okay so that one needs a lot of percolation. : P Might just be too cliched, even for me. : o

The other episode idea started with catchy opener too: "[Character name to be determined] owes me money!" Aw yeah. And then somehow gets into nightclub pursuits and electromagnetic mind battles. Okay that one is a *definite* lock, woo!

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:59 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Readers keep A* going by supporting the comic through my Patreon campaign; here's a sketch I got to send to a reader for their support:

I want to thank *you*! ^_^

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Wow... today's {p.119} expression on Selenis... 'I don't know whether to be turned-on or terrified... {maybe both at once}!'

Cause she's soo got that... "I'm going to fuck you ...", look... she's sooo intense!

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:29 am

Gotta work the eyeliner : D

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:26 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next