comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
A* Episode 32 

Added 1 new A* page:
The US Postal Service's rates go up next week, which will make it cost close to $1 more for people to have me ship A* art to them. Dang. Well, if they can use some of that money to have heating at my local post office so the clerks there don't freeze their fingers off in the winter, that wouldn't be all bad.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:12 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Here's an ink sketch I got to send to a supporter of the comic through the A* Patreon campaign : ) :

Thanks to everyone who's helping me out! Your support keeps this comic going! : D

(Also, if you do ride a motorcycle, unless you have your own cloning operation going and don't really care if your current brain meat ends up a horrible mangled wreck, please wear a helmet! = o)

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 pm

"Now let's discuss this like two mature adults~"

BWahahahahah! Oh buddy... you are about to become a smeared meat stain...

In the Word's a Shaggy {of Scooby-doo}

Fish Alien - "dOn'T FEaR uS huUuMAan!"
Shaggy - "MAN~ IT'S TOOO LATE FOR THAT!!!"

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am

AWWW let's have a mature discussion, that'll be super-fun, right? : D : o

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
All I can think of is silly stuff to put here, so I think I'd better just wrap it up and go to bed! = x

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 am

Well Selenis IS a consummate professional..she'll get what she is after ~ FIRST... then if there's time she might enjoy beating him around a bit.

Its hard to nail down her motivations... nothing "seems" to move her... save maybe cash.... so again the Question comes up ~ what's it all for? What is she trying to accomplish, and why is that important to her ... personally? 'Shrug' questions you STILL have never broached or addressed in SMBH*.

We, the audience, always come in at the end part of Selenis chasing someone else who either owes her money or has betrayed her somehow; messing up one organization or another in the process ~ but we're NEVER given any context as to why or the actual result.

We have no plot for what she is actually trying to accomplish...!

I mean I can enjoy watching sexy Selenis kick ass and take names for unknown reason and still kinda enjoy the comic.. but I think I would enjoy it more if I could be a little more in on the plot and drama if I understood more of what she's about what is motivating her and why its important to her! She really has no relationship and lives 'seemingly' out of contact with most of mortal humanity ...just killing and chasing down those who owe her money. That's not really a life we don't or are not allowed to "KNOW" who Selenis is!

'Shrug'...just my two cents.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:44 am

What with all the themed adventures on The Pearl, it's been a little while since we've had an episode based around what is pretty much the central plot for Selenis--tracking down more Perriman technology and so forth--but it hasn't really changed all that much for her from say her conversation with Plank at the end of episode 10: http://smbhax.com/?e=0010&d=0105

We're actually about to see a little more of her past right here in this current scene! And the next episode will center around one of the main themes.

That doesn't mean I don't reserve the right to have more bunches of just straight adventure episodes in the future, mind you, 'cause I like adventures. ^)_^

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
This was one of those pages where the first painted attempt didn't quite come out, so it became lots of layers of caked paint and white ink and smearing stuff around for a while--and it doesn't always work out, but you do always get something kinda unusual out of it, so that's something. ^_^ It becomes more paint-y than illustration-y, I guess is one way I think of it.

And actually, Selenis' suit ended up coming out--not planned, mind you--sort of like something I saw someone do in a watercolor demonstration video on Youtube once, where they were painting a face, but first they just laid down a big gradient blur of color, then painted shadows and dotted a few highlights over it. I'm still much to scared to try doing that on purpose--especially with a face, jeepers! = oo

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Just another uneventful day. : P

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:24 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Let's pretend it's still Wednesday and do one of our once-in-a-weekly A* original art archive sales! That's where I pick out a remaining piece of art I made for A* that I think is particularly nifty, and put it up for sale at a special sale price--and this week's selection is the 16" x 6.75" watercolor painting I made for way back for page 67 of this episode, in which Selenis is vaulting a partition in the Falquarium nightclub to escape from one of Falco's thugs--and from the bar fire she herself started. ]_] : D It was the last page I did with my old brush and so it has extra texture-y lines; I also thought the action poses and fire-lighting of the two dynamic dames worked out pretty well, and the color gradient and impressionistic background carried off the fire idea rather decently. : ) So there's all that and it can be yours in the next week, starting at the teensy-weensy price of just $16.99 right over here on eBay!

The auction listing there has high-res images of the painting, but here are some tiny-winy ones for a nibble:

Thanks for checking it out! You can find that and all my special A* art sales--which always include the latest week's worth of brand new painted artwork pages!--over on my eBay profile.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next