comic | episodes & e-books | store | about | forum 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
A* Episode 33 

Added 1 new A* page:
I've got this week and next week to work on A* before I take time off to prepare for my move across the state, which means I have at most nine pages left before the break, and it's looking like that won't quite finish off this episode--so when I get set up in the new apartment and back to the drawing board, we'll have a nice big anti-climax! : D

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:10 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Preparing for the move episode 599a: Yay! Can almost stand up straight this evening, since wrestling that the 40-pound hunk of particle board--I hammered it together as a stand for my old makeshift standing desk, years ago--out of my apartment building's basement storage area and into the dumpster a few days ago. I was a little disappointed it didn't make a mightier GONG as it hit the bottom, but anyway, nice to have that out of the way. : P

Rooted through a box that turned out to be filled with all sorts of electronics cables, as well as a Japanese-only game controller that I hardly used and I guess I'll have to eBay (a Dreamcast "Twin Stick"--add "joy" in between "twin" and "stick" and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it looks like; it's pretty large and as far as I know only ever worked for a few games--a situation similar to that of the DC's Samba de Amigo maracas controller, but that at least came out in the States so I can just sell it to GameStop...along with the fishing rod controller...) and a clear purple Game Boy Color, complete with a third-party clear purple plug-in twisty light to aim at the unlit screen. There were analog audio cables, splitters, and adapters a-plenty, loads of heavy old VGA cables--we're firmly in an era past their usefulness! huzzah! they can go--and one thing that stumped me until I googled "USB cable with big square end": turns out it's a USB A to USB B cable.

What the heck did (do? : o) I have that took (takes? : o) a USB B cable? This is gonna nag at me. Guess I'd better hang on to the thing for now. : P

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:42 pm

USB Type B is used for peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, and external drives. These cables tend to be better shielded than your typical cables used for portable devices, and their connectors are also more robust than those Mini- or micro-USB cables. It's also backward compatible with USB 3.0, so don't throw it away, yet. Chances are you will find another use for it.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 am

Saibot wrote:
USB Type B is used for peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, and external drives. These cables tend to be better shielded than your typical cables used for portable devices, and their connectors are also more robust than those Mini- or micro-USB cables. It's also backward compatible with USB 3.0, so don't throw it away, yet. Chances are you will find another use for it.

Ah! I've found my scanner and standing mic have USB B ports, they also both have their own cables, though. Still not sure what this one came from--but it does have a tag on it, saying oddly "WARNING: Insert CD-ROM before connecting the USB cable." So, a peripheral with a CD-ROM drive in it? : o Can't think what it would have been!

Oh or I suppose it could mean inserting a driver CD-ROM into the computer's CD-ROM drive before connecting the peripheral. Maybe that makes more sense. : P

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
This afternoon the pieces of this episodes final conversation--the one we're in now--fit themselves all together in my head when I wasn't paying attention, and counting them out now, it looks like--barring unexpected interruptions--the episode *will* finish up by next Friday, the last day before my summer break to get ready to move apartments (and then to move apartments).

I was sort of hoping it wouldn't finish before then, because then I wouldn't have to worry about getting the usual between-episode e-book, etc wrangling done over the move break, but oh well I guess this way has its advantages too. ; )

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
A story for episode 34 arrived in my head today! : o A deep dark space sort of thing, and as I may have mentioned before, it will have a twist, and touch upon a briefly-seen-before mysterious character, all as a set-up to head us into a major story arc that will shake Selenis' world to its foundations, show us some galactic secrets, and lead us to new worlds and maybe even some new kinds of adventure. ^)_^ So that should be fun. : D

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:27 am

Added 1 new A* page:
Thanks to everyone who's helping me make this comic by contributing to the A* Patreon campaign! : ) Even $1 a month is very appreciated. : D And at higher support levels I will even send you A* stuff each month, like here's a sketch I mailed to a reader for their support:

Thank you very much! : D

(I may be slightly behind on sketches in some cases but I should be catching up during my little A* summer moving break that starts in one week. :)

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:00 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
The episode will be wrapping up this week! : )

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
White out what isn't quite working. : o ^_^

Tue May 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Added 1 new A* page:
Two more pages to go for this episode. : )

Thu May 03, 2018 12:31 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next