Added 2 new A* pages:Looks like my host did indeed move the site to the super-fast new server today--this became apparent when my comic uploading script started breaking; apparently the new server arrangement is a bit more restrictive on the ol "rename" Perl command. :P Anyway I've got that worked out now I think and everything should be hunky-dory, but of course if you see something that broke today do let me know and I'll get it taken care of.|
If you caught my Supermassive Eraser Round-up from a week or so ago you know I looked at a bunch of Japanese erasers and settled on the best to use as my new eraser for A*. Since then though I've already switched paper and pencil lead grade, and these demanded some new testing--plus, I got a couple different Japanese erasers from a new source. PLUS over the weekend I found a bunch of new erasers to try in my little local art supply store--you may think these couldn't possibly go toe-to-toe with the Japanese super-erasers, and I didn't either, BUT I was very, very wrong. So anyway I have a whole new batch of erasers to present, including these, stripped for temporary anonymity
and one of those will be the NEW eraser of A*! The one tried with the pages today seems good--I couldn't have done the erased edge of Selenis' hair on page 66 without it, for instance--but a previous incarnation of it fell apart in earlier testing, where I was using it slightly differently, so I'm going to give it at least another day of work tomorrow before I declare it the winner. If that one fails, the new A* eraser will be one that isn't even Japanese! In fact, if you're in the States, it's one you might just find right in your local art supply store--and yeah it's a really great eraser! Anyhoo I will have the run-down on all of these in the not-too-distant future.